COBALT & CHINOISERIE TABLESCAPE

Happy Spring!  Wednesday marked the first day of Spring, and with Easter just around the corner, I'm feeling in the mood to set a table festooned with bright color and fresh flowers.  This jewel-tone table was actually my Christmas setting that I never wrote about...kinda weird, I know!  While it's not the usual color palette for a winter holiday, I have to say that I LOVE using unexpected color combos for holiday decor which can otherwise be terribly predictable, don't you think?

ROSA BELTRAN DESIGN

This totally worked for Christmas because it's all ultra-saturated jewel tones, accented by lots of rich brass and gold.  But I think it also works great for Spring, Summer, OR Autumn, for that matter...it's a 4 season palette because it feels both bright and fresh and warm and saturated.   

I'm always inspired by the masterful tablescapes of Eddie Ross who has also been known to use untraditional color palettes, like this Christmas table he dressed all in sherbets...

ER_JCPHoliday7
EDDIE ROSS

Or this Thanksgiving table featuring orange and navy blue...
EDDIE ROSS
Or, (just because I can't stop with Eddie Ross, the man is an insanely talented table-setting genius!) this pretty and happy little number...Gah!!

ERTravTableOverall
EDDIE ROSS

But I digress.  For my table I chose this cobalt chinoiserie fabric (as an added bonus it's actually an indoor/outdoor fabric.  It's still soft and drapes nicely, and it repels all stains and spills.)  I like that the bold silhouettes give an updated, modern twist to a traditional chinoiserie toile print.

ROSA BELTRAN DESIGN

ROSA BELTRAN DESIGN

The salad plates are from Cost Plus World Market.  I chose the peacocks for their brilliant orange rims, but they also offer a horse and elephant pattern...mixing would be fun!



The blue water glasses are Ikea and I adore the seed glass texture...it makes them feel hand-blown.  The cut glass goblets, brass candle holders, and all the little vases and flower bowls are vintage treasures I've gathered from thrift stores.  The little blue and white scroll-y bread plates were an ebay find, as was the gold bamboo flatware (major score!!)  It's truly not hard to find any of these items on your own...if you don't want to go thrifting (but who, I beg you WHO doesn't LIVE for thrifting and antiquing!?) then ebay is your treasure trove.

ROSA BELTRAN DESIGN

 Each napkin ring is made from a different vintage brooch, and I broke the DIY down for you here.

ROSA BELTRAN DESIGN

ROSA BELTRAN DESIGN

The hemstitched linens are a great buy that I talked about here, and the gold sea urchin namecard holders were also a DIY that I wrote about here (hint: they make a great little shelf accessory when not in use on the table...you'll spot them in action in some of my portfolio photos.)

ROSA BELTRAN DESIGN


ROSA BELTRAN DESIGN

And last but not least, the flowers are a mix of hydrangea, spray roses, lisianthus, delphinium, and the little hot pink ones that look like mini wild carnations.



Hope you're enjoying Spring and have some pretties of your own planned!

Photobucket

1 comment:

NoMad said...

Absolutely love your table setting and Eddie Ross' Thanksgiving table is one of my all-time favorites. Thanks for sharing! Have a fabulous weekend.
www.nomadluxuries.com

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...