DARING WALLPAPER IN THE POWDER ROOM

I've got the itch to create a really unique and dramatic wallpapered powder room, and I'm hoping that a new upcoming client project will afford me the chance!  
 
I think a powder room is the perfect space to pull out all the stops and do something more adventurous than you might normally do in the rest of your home.  Why not!?  It's a confined space that you don't necessarily spend a whole lot of time in, and a jazzy powder room certainly makes a lasting impression on your guests.


via
via



via MIMOSA LANE

                                                                          DOMINO MAGAZINE

via
 The powder room I'm working on is a classic 1920s English, with lovely white wood raised panel wainscoting around the perimeter, which works well to temper dramatic wallpaper and keep it from overwhelming the space.  
 
I'm yearning to go with a large-scale pattern...something really striking on a deep, saturated background.  I want LOTS of contrast happening against all that white molding and the white hex tiles on the floor. 
 
And I know geometric patterns were ALL anyone wanted to see for a while there (case in point: the ubiquitous Kelly Wearstler Imperial Trellis)...and I still really like a good geometric print, I do...but what I might be loving MORE at the moment are these big, overblown, graphic flora motifs.  This isn't your grandmother's floral wallpaper.  
 
via

Nina Campbell Paradiso Wallpapers Paradiso Gold and Black - NCW4030/05 Pattern
NINA CAMPBELL PARADISO

CHRISTIAN LACROIX


CHRISTIAN LACROIX

ABIGAIL BORG

FLORENCE BROADHURST
This big, leafy green pattern is a standout for me...it just looks SO good in a crisp white environment like a bathroom!  And it's right on point in emerald green, Pantone's "color of the year."  
OSBORNE & LITTLE DAVIDIA

I LOVE me some fringed parrot tulips, on the wall AND in a vase...

Wallpaper Wednesday: Jewel of Spring at Osborne and Little
OSBORNE & LITTLE JEWEL OF SPRING

ABIGAIL BORG

Any of these patterns would require a brave soul to take the plunge, but the end result would be SO worth it, I promise you!


3 comments:

Emmie {Blue11} said...

I love all of the inspiration rooms you posted and all of the wallpapers you're considering! I still love geometric prints but a big floral is a nice change. It's feminine and classic but modern at the same time. I think the Osborne & Little Jewel of Spring is my favorite but whatever you choose will look gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing!
Emmie
blue11interiors.blogspot.com

P.S. have you seen Christian Lacroix's new fabric line? It is amazing!

Rosa said...

Emmie I love those giant parrot tulips on the O&L wallpaper too!

And yes, Christian Lacrroix's new fabrics are stunning....that butterfly print is made in a fabric as well as a wallpaper too!

maruf hosen said...

Nice work .Thanks for the share. Keep up writing so that we can get more informative blogs like this one.
Hexagonal floor Tile

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...