DIY "BRASS" SEA URCHIN PLACE HOLDERS

I'll be titillating your senses all week long with some fancy tablescape details and DIYs, building up to my Easter holiday table reveal at the end of the week.  And this won't be any pastel and Easter eggs table setting....we're going all out with brass and vibrant cobalt and coral with some hot pink punches thrown in.  I think you'll like it!  I personally love an unexpected color palette to break us out of the expected colors associated with a given holiday.  And (with the obvious exception of green on St Patty's day yesterday :) I think there are no hard and fast rules...go with what you love!  

So these are the sea urchin placecard holders I made.  There was some trial and error involved, but eventually I settled on using 1" foam balls from the craft store with the base sliced off so they would sit level.  Then I cut standard toothpicks in half so that the pointy end could easily pierce the foam.





The urchin "spines" can and should protrude at all different depths...




 Finish them off with a bit of gold spray paint...




I used a curled banner of gold cardstock for the names...




That's just a zoomed-in teaser shot....check back this week to see the DIY napkin rings, more table deets and sources, and then of course the whole table scape reveal on Friday!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Leslie Lim said...


I love this post, and I was absolutely thrilled to see the other links that you published that go along with this topic. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am happy to be a new follower. :)

Count
www.imarksweb.org

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...