USING A DAYBED IN A LIVING ROOM

I've been thinking of daybeds in living rooms lately because I've had a couple of clients with long living rooms that call for multiple groups of seating, which can be awkward if it's not executed really well.  

I think a daybed is the perfect way to break up two seating areas without making a room feel choppy or disjointed, since with a daybed there's no sofa back to contend with.  I also love the variation in height that a daybed provides....a furniture plan flows beautifully when the various pieces in the room are at different levels and the eye has different elevations to land on.  So for instance, a couple of taller chairs, a mid-height sofa, and a low daybed strike just that kind of balance.  Lamps, wall art and window dressings also work to attract the eye to various elevations in a room.  Here are some rooms I've been eyeing that incorporate daybeds into the furniture plan...


via


via

via

via


.



via
There is definitely a living room daybed in my design future, so I'll keep you posted!
Photobucket

1 comment:

emma willson said...

Daybeds are great options to have in your living room, especially when extra guests arrive. daybeds are comfortable and gracious seating and add an extra bed at night for an additional guest. I have a Outdoor Timber Daybed in my sun room and I loved to spend warm days in this room with my family.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...