ODE TO NATE BERKUS

So I know he's kind of a tried and true standard by now for those in the design world (nay for the masses, since his Target home collection) but I can't help devoting one little bloggy blog post solely to my adoration of Nate Berkus.  

I love Nate for his use of color and blend of eclectic styles.  I'm totally into his "collected, world traveler" vibe, probably because I spent my 20s poking around all over the world and have my own trove of trinkets that I'm kind of hoping say more "cultured" and less "hoarder."  Nate's masterful with the neutral palettes punctuated by just the right hits of black, and always, always his inclusion of rich cognac and warm caramel-y tones and textures that infuse his spaces with life.  He has a penchant for giant, over-scale photography images, and so do I...I told you how to achieve the look affordably here.  Nate's all over mixing styles from different design periods without making a space feel confused or hectic. And he doesn't abuse mid-century modern!  I personally don't care for a space with a purely mid-century modern aesthetic, although I think "moments" of mcm are a almost always a very good addition to just about any space.

Have a look at these rooms with me, wont you?  Yummy, yummy, yum!

NATE BERKUS INTERIORS

NATE BERKUS INTERIORS

NATE BERKUS INTERIORS

NATE BERKUS INTERIORS

NATE BERKUS INTERIORS

NATE BERKUS INTERIORS

NATE BERKUS INTERIORS

NATE BERKUS INTERIORS

NATE BERKUS INTERIORS

NATE BERKUS INTERIORS

NATE BERKUS INTERIORS

It might be evident that Nate's decorating style influenced my own living room.  I don't think I've yet shared my whole house yet on my blog, so I'll have to do a proper "tour" soon!


ROSA BELTRAN DESIGN

ROSA BELTRAN DESIGN
ROSA BELTRAN DESIGN
ROSA BELTRAN DESIGN
ROSA BELTRAN DESIGN
ROSA BELTRAN DESIGN
That wool tote with leather handles is actually from Nate's collection for Target last Fall...so of course it fit right in :)


Photobucket

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...