OMBRE DRAWERS AND OTHER PAINTED DRESSERS

While I'm on the topic (in my previous post) of ombre sofas, let me tell you about how fun I think ombre-painted dressers are, especially for a child's room or any space you're looking to enliven with a little tongue-in-cheek fun.


via 


via

(By the way, there's another dipped chair, a trend I wrote about here.)

Talk about an easy and high-impact DIY!  You'd need so little of each color that you could totally get away with buying just the small paint sample jars rather than full quarts.  I think I like it best when it's done on drawers that stack right on top of one another with no spacing in between, like so...

via 

This is pretty cute with the nautical colors and rope pulls.  Little sailor's room, anyone?

Ombre dresser
via
For a different nautical vibe, scalloped ombre waves...

via

And the perfect pink counterparts.  I love these salmon-y pinks mixed with the kelly green...

Ombre Dresser. Picked & Painted
via

Or you can get your ombre on in a more subtle way... 

Dresser inspo: via @Sherry @ Young House Love Bringing Someone Else Into The Bedroom… | Young House Love
via


via


ombre dresser - Google Search
via

I can see any number of inexpensive Ikea dressers lending themselves perfectly to this project, not to mention the multitude of thrift store dressers in America just dying for an ombre paint job!

I definitely see an ombre dresser project in my future, probably in a nursery or little kid's room, which are some of my favorite spaces to design because you get to let your hair down and be a bit cheeky and irreverent.   

And because Pinterest is the bottomless rabbit hole that it is, one image leading to another, and another...here's a great kid's room I just came upon.  Love the herringbone pattern!


Finding Your Perfect Vintage Piece for Your Apartment #blog #apartment #vintage #thrifting #decor
DESIGN SPONGE

My parting shot is this art deco green chevron chest with the rounded corners by Nick Olsen from the pages of House Beautiful.  I like it.  A lot.


Single stem in a bud vase. Design: Nick Olsen.
NICK OLSEN / HOUSE BEAUTIFUL


Slipcovered headboard and matching bedskirt.  Also campaign bedside table in red is a lovely pop of color!
NICK OLSEN / HOUSE BEAUTIFUL


No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...