FRIDAY FIND: CHIPPENDALE FURNITURE AT PIER 1

I stumbled upon these solid mahogany chippendale settee and chairs at Pier 1 this week.   The settee is on sale for $330 and the chairs are $230 apiece.




I was immediately reminded of this recent post by Daniela over on Aesthetic Oiseau, my favorite blog for all things Chinoiserie.  She was dreaming of this pricey teak chippendale patio set, in which the bench costs nearly $1000 and the chairs are about $500 apiece.





Both sets are sold as patio furniture, but I think that the Pier 1 mahogany pieces in particular would work great in the right indoor setting as well (the teak wood of the high end set would hold up better outdoors I imagine, but doesn't transition as well to indoors.)  

Imagine them in a sunroom, painted white or kelly green!?  









I also love them in oriental poppy red, yolk yellow, or cobalt...





Honestly I think the settee would look amazing in a mudroom, an entry, a hall or passageway, and the chairs would be stunning as the head chairs of a dining table, or flanking a long console or credenza...lots of possibilities here people!

Have a great weekend :)

SIGNATURE

2 comments:

Emmie {Blue 11 Interiors} said...

Oh I love Chinese Chippendale furniture but it usually costs a fortune! Those Pier 1 pieces are pretty nice, and I could use a new bench for my front porch...hmm...

Aliya Alberts said...

I love Chinese furniture. Looking very beautiful and modern.

New York Wedding Gownes

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...