GREAT SOURCE FOR BRASS SABOTS & FURNITURE LEGS

I did a run down of dipped furniture in this post, and I showed you this little DIY gold dipped key table that have in my entry ...

The funny thing is that people always assume that the lower legs on my table are solid brass rather than gold paint...and even I admit it's pretty convincing.  You wouldn't know unless you got right up close and touched it.

But recently I found a great source for some truly beauuuutiful solid brass furniture legs.  

I'd seen and admired these sexy brass legs on a line of high end furniture at HD Buttercup here in LA...

Sale Image II

And then, when ordering some chrome sofa feet for a client,  I stumbled upon almost the exact same legs at a local company I use called Ferrous Hardware.  They make a mad sexy brass leg called the Dunbar (the list is in alphabetical order, and Dunbar is about halfway down the page.)  

It's the ONLY brass leg they make, and that's fine by me.  I love the tall, slender, tapering shape.  At $56 apiece they're not dirt cheap, but a touch like this just elevates a piece of furniture by miles and miles, so I think that for the right piece it's well worth it.


And here's a little fun fact for your day:  Did you know that the little brass cups that you often see on mid-century modern furniture are officially called "sabots?"  Yes they are, and here's a little mom and pop woodshop offering brass-tipped legs at a very nice price.  And another source that sells the sabots alone in a variety of finishes.


I love finds like this.  Filing these sources away for use in a future project!

SIGNATURE

4 comments:

Rachel Quigley said...

I love these brass legs! Where did you find them?
I wonder if it would be hard to switch my sofa legs out...

Jade Graham said...

You wouldn't know unless you got right up close and touched it. from this source

Modern Furniture Legs said...

GREAT SOURCE FOR BRASS SABOTS & FURNITURE LEGS ... mmodernlegs.blogspot.com

vanaja innosky said...

Hi
Nice Post....If You want more information click on below link
Lighting Shops In Gachibowli

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...