VINTAGE METAL DIRECTOR'S CHAIRS

My dining chairs pre-baby were/are a set of ivory linen upholstered parsons chairs.  Thats pre-baby.  See where I'm going with this?  Yeah, that ivory linen doesn't stand a chance against the handprints and food flinging and art projects of a toddler boy.

So far I've avoided the inevitable by using a little high chair seat clipped to the quartz counter of the kitchen island.  This lets me interact with him while I prepare meals in the kitchen.  But soon enough he'll be joining the grown-ups at the table, so it was time for a chair solution.

As fate would have it, I came upon a pair of these mid-century metal director chairs in a thrift shop, and then found 4 more identical ones on Craigslist.  Sometimes the universe just aligns that way....don't ask me how it happens.  





I cut off the naugahyde and the frames are currently at the powder coaters getting a matte brass finish.  Remember the process I used for the green velvet Saarinen style dining chairs?  That's what these chairs will get as well.

Then I'll have the backs and seats replaced with a heavy duty leather...I'm thinking something in a caramel/cognac tone to tie in with the vintage tufted leather chair in my living room.




I'm hoping that a leather with a good glossy surface treatment will hold up better to stains and spills, being wiped down with a sponge, etc...I've never had a leather sofa but everyone says they wear like champions.  Gotta be better than ivory linen.

Back soon to show you the finished product!


SIGNATURE

2 comments:

leatherrepairs said...

Excellent advice! you don't know how many marketers need to have these traits ingrained into them. Kudos! Leather Repairs Manchester

Anmol Garg said...

Hire wooden chair, event chair, chiavari chair, led bar, vintage chair, artificial tree, eames chair for Weddings, reception parties, Corporate Events, special occasions or Shows.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...