DIY'd X BENCHES

I'm a big fan of a pair of x benches tucked into a room.  Beneath a console table or at the foot of a bed, they're great for the flexible extra seating, the graphic x shape, and the pleasing visual symmetry.



via


via


Burlwood Console - A pair of X-base stools below a wooden table
via


console table x bench window leopard rug
via


via


via


via

One of today's many projects (I'm getting ready for a project photo shoot this week) was to DIY up a pair of plain x benches that I found at Home Goods.  

Here's the before...




The during...when they got gussied up with a brassy finish and new fabric....




And the after....



Look for these cuties in a great coral and navy blue bedroom in a project that I'll be showing off soon!

SIGNATURE

6 comments:

Kristin | Mountain Paper said...

Love these benches! What paint did you use for the legs?

Rosa said...

Hi Kristin,

When I'm going for a "brass" finish with spray paint I almost always use Rustoleum Metallics in "Brass." (FYI: their "Gold" has some rosy pink undertones that aren't great for simulating brass.)

I've also heard recently that Design Master's "Gold Medal" looks a lot like a brass finish. It's carried at Michael's craft stores, I believe!

Thanks for the question!

Rosa

KKButler said...

Hi Rosa, I was so excited last night to come across two of these same X benches at HomeGoods last night. They were stacked on the clearance rack for $30 each. I can hardly wait to use your technique of the brassy finish and choose a fabric to dress these ladies up! Thanks for the inspiration. Kelly

Rosa said...

Kelly make sure to share photos of your benches when you're done with them!

thart said...

Wow!!! Great find and I love what you did with them. Just found your blog and love it!

Rosa said...

Hi and thank you for reading...glad you like my little x-benches project! Here's the final bedroom reveal where I used them:

http://rosabeltrandesign.blogspot.com/2013/08/english-colonial-house-tour-guest-suite.html

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...