BRINGING MY GLOBAL BOHEMIAN VIBE OUTDOORS

Along with the little re-do currently underway in my living room (you can catch up on my plans for the relaxed global bohemian look here), I've also been daydreaming of creating some backyard seating with the same global boho vibe.  

Then this past weekend I saw the movie Enough Said (highly recommended...it was funny, truly touching, and the last movie James Gandolfini made before he passed away this summer), and in the film Katherine Keener had an incredible backyard patio oasis that was very boho chic...and very LA!  It further fueled my backyard aspirations...

Enough Said
A browse through Pinterest clinched the deal.   You WILL be seeing something like this in my not-too-distant future!  Inspired by all these gorgeous images, I want to incorporate a big comfy daybed for lounging, some woven bamboo/rattan elements as extra seating or maybe an ottoman/side table, an outdoor rug, and lots of interesting pillows and fabrics...

via
Vogue 

Design by Peter Dunham in Vogue

via 
via
via
via
via

via
via
via
via
I think my starting point will be this Indonesian Daybed from Cost Plus, which is really generously-sized and I think is a great price at $229 on sale!


I've been wanting a french-style rolled mattress edge cushion somewhere, and the daybed seat will be the perfect use for that...


Designed by Lauren Liess
I may use the first printed blue fabric below for the main cushion fabric because I've used it on patio pillows before and it "weathers" really well!  designer quick tip: I've found that you've gotta be careful using solid color outdoor fabrics which can fade unevenly in the sun, and light colors or backgrounds which can look grubby really quickly.  This particular fabric fades into the perfect faded denim shade of blue, and it doesn't show dirt or grime or quite frankly, bird droppings, which is a fact of life in my back yard, I don't know about yours!  There are so many great outdoor fabrics available now in lots of patterns and colors.  All the ones below are from Fabric.com and mostly cost less than $10/yard.


Operation "Global Bohemian Al Fresco" is  ON.  You know I'll be back to show you the finished product.  Stick around!
SIGNATURE

2 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Great daybed as your starting point! I added you to my blog link! love your style!

Rosa said...

Hi Linda,

I know, I think that daybed is kind of a steal. Thanks for reading!!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...