DIY GEOMETRIC LIGHT PENDANT

You know how geometric anything and everything has been possibly THE major design trend of 2013?  

I got into it with lighting, using Mary McDonald's Pythagoras pendant in a client's home ...



And this (now discontinued) pendant in my own home ... I'll make sure to shoot it when I reveal the new peacock leather dining chairs to you ... they're almost installed!



So here's a fun and inspirational little DIY for you.  Saw this on Pinterest and loved the total ingenuity and simplicity of it!  No over-engineering here...



It's just a couple of lampshade frames taped together and wrapped in ribbon.  I suppose you could use spray paint as well ...




It's kind of reminiscent of these mod frame lights by Iacole and McAllister ...



(umm...did I mention this one above will set you back three grand?  yeah. do it my way.  mo' betta.)



And it's kind of like a more mod, angular version of this ... you know how I love me some oversized lantern lighting ... especially lacquered in a bright color ...




So here's whatcha do...

www.lampshadeshop.com
Paint, wrap in ribbon, whatever you're gonna do for color.


www.colorcord.com
(you can buy either the plug-in version or the type with a canopy that gets hard-wired to the ceiling)
And, yeah ... that's pretty much it! 

How's that for a cheap and easy DIY?  

You know I hook you up :)

SIGNATURE

2 comments:

Tiffany Norman said...

I love this idea. It is so much easier than so DIY shades out there. Awesome.

Stephanie said...

Do you know what paint that is in the first pic with the camel couch?

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...