THRIFTY SUBSTITUTE FOR PETER DUNHAM IKAT FABRIC

I'm among the many who appreciate Peter Dunham's beautiful line of textiles, and his Hollywood at Home showroom in the La Cienega Design Quarter is one of my favorite places to sift through fabulous fabrics.

Peter Dunham, Hollywood At Home
One pattern that has gotten a lot of exposure in the design world is his Ikat print.  It's great because it can function as a fairly neutral stripe, but those ziggy edges give it a little more visual interest and dynamism.  


 
via
via
via






via
via

via
via
via
via 
via
So my tip for you today is a fabric company called Premier Prints that makes a pretty good approximation of the pricey (around $100/yard) Peter Dunham Ikat for just a fraction of the price.  

It's called Jiri and it comes in a dark teal navy, a brick red, and a grey colorway.  I really love the slightly slubby texture of this fabric, which makes it look and feel much more expensive that it is (just $13/yard if you can believe it!)





via
via
I'm re-covering a vintage cane bench in my entry with the dark teal navy color right now ... can't wait to show it to you!


SIGNATURE

4 comments:

KKButler said...

Hi Rosa, can't wait to see the cane bench! I really love this tip and the fabric. I ordered a sample of it a few weeks ago and I'm planning to use it for a pillow to place with my leather club chair. I especially like the look of this print against leather (although it looks so great with anything). Thanks for sharing! Kelly

Rosa said...

Hi Kelly! I know, love this fabric. Love it against warm-toned leather too. Send a pic!

John Miller said...

Great info,
These pics are looking most beautiful. Thank you for sharing here

Best Regards
Ikat Pillows

Willson Rou said...

Great article ...Thanks for your great information, ikat fabrics by the yard looks very attractive. I will be waiting for your next post.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...