MY HOLIDAY TABLESCAPE COMING TOGETHER ...

I wanted to give you a little preview of the tabletop decor I'm pulling together for our Christmas dinner.  You've probably figured out from all my table postings over time that I love styling tablescapes!  It's one of my favorite parts of any holiday ... it's just mah thang!

So here's what I've got going on so far this year...all in keeping with my black+white+green Christmas.


:anatomy of a tabletop:

linens 
*The black and white ikat fabric is by Premier Prints and I got it here for under $7/yard.  My usual modus operandi is to drape my large oval shaped table with a floor length plain white tablecloth, and then layer 3-4 yards of a patterned fabric on top of it.  I generally don't even sew or hem the edges since a 54" wide bolt of fabric has finished edges and the cut ends just tuck under the table.

*The emerald green hemstitched linen napkins are an incredible buy from this ebay source that I told you about during my "cobalt & gold chinoiserie" tablescape series.  A dozen hemstitched napkins available in a rainbow array of colors for under $25 is a hot hot tip, my friends!

dinnerware 
*The gold lacquer chargers are available everywhere including Pier 1, but keep in mind that you can also pick up a set very inexpensively on ebay


*The malachite-rimmed dinner plates were a vintage thrift store find and I love them very much.  The pattern is Gabbay Malachite


flatware
*The gold tone bamboo flatware is a vintage ebay find that I went on and on about in this post.  

stemware
*For my glitzier holiday tabletops I usually use the set of vintage cut glass goblets I found thrifting, which remind me of my Grandmother's cut glass collection.  
*I do own the original tiny cut glass salt cellars from my Grandmother's set, and I love them.

decoration
*You can be sure I will be rocking the extra tall tapers from Creative Candles that I wrote about in my last post.  I have a collection of antique brass candlesticks that will be perfect for them.
*For special place card holders I'm working on a DIY version of this malachite egg on a gold stand ...
 florals
*I'm seeing lots of emerald green ferns in my centerpiece ... something like this, perhaps?  For sure I'll be making my annual Christmas Eve pilgrimage to the downtown LA wholesale flower market!

I hope you're enjoying this time of year wherever you are and whatever you're up to!  


No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...