BRINGING YOU BACK UP TO SPEED

It's been a little hiatus over here on the blog lately hasn't it!?  And I've missed you!

The holiday whirlwind definitely got the upper hand with me in December, and in January I had to hit the ground running with a few new projects I'm getting underway.  

Lots of family in town for baby's 2nd Christmas, introducing some new loved ones to some old loved ones, a great (and chilly) trip to NYC right in the middle of the "polar vortex" cold snap, about to head off to the Alt Summit design conference in Salt Lake City tomorrow, and suddenly it's nearly the end of January!  Now how did that happen!!??

nyc trip ...

It was much colder than it looks :)

The super fly magenta-lit cabins on Virgin America 

Isa Genzken exhibit, MOCA

Central Park
I think my background working in a green architecture firm made me particularly interested in this brilliant shelter concept I saw at MOCA. A pocket-sized folding foil cube that is inflated and heated when placed over a blowing city street grate.  Sexiest homeless shelter ever!

Martin Ruiz de Azua, MOCA

Central Park

back to sunny la ...
Hiking mamas, Griffith Park

and all the latest at rbd ...

Here's what's been percolating lately at RBD ... all captured on my instagram feed, in case you're not following yet:

I'm designing a very "Versailles" bedroom for a lovely client whose objective is for his teenage daughter to feel like a queen.  I think a royal canopy bed treatment and some incredibly luxe fabrics and draperies should do the trick, don't you?








The next room in that house is the master bedroom, for which our design direction is "Sultan of Brunei," so get ready for even more opulence!

On a different note, a pile of ultra bright and fun pillows infused a touch of modernism into the "Parisian Chic" art deco apartment I've been telling you about.  That project will be photographed and revealed to you right here very soon!  You're gonna go nuts for all the antique chandeliers, the vintage 4-poster cane bed I found, the grisaille wall mural, and all the re-furbished art deco pieces, I promise!


I'm in the early stages of collaborating on designing a furniture collection for a well-known online retailer ... which is super exciting news!  Can't share too much yet, but here are just some of the inspiration images I've gathered for the very tailored and contemporary aesthetic we're going for:




Tomorrow I head off to the Alt Summit design conference in Utah.  It'll be a blast and I'm SO looking forward to it!  It's my first year attending and I can't wait to meet all the incredibly creative people who flock there.


SO I hope your 2014 is off to a great start, and I look forward to our time together here on the RBD blog in the year to come!

xoxo,
SIGNATURE

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...