HOW TO ROCK A ROOM FULL OF COLOR!

It's been awhile since I blasted you with a ton of inspirational/aspirational room photos, and today I'm in the mood for color!  Maybe it's the feeling of Spring in the air?  Don't know where you are, but in LA the trees are in full bloom already! Granted it's a bit early for that, even here ... we've had an unusually warm winter.  

(Sorry if it sounds like I'm gloating ... I'm not.  It's just that this month I visited NYC during the dreaded "polar vortex" and SLC during a heavy cold snap and I am just SO motherlovin' glad that I don't live in those climates anymore :)   

So COLOR ... here's the thing: all these rooms have an abundance of bright, saturated colors, often many different hues at once, but they ALL have one thing in common ... a neutral white backdrop.  

And that's the key, my friends, to rocking colorful decor without feeling like you're living at the carnival.  Keeping the backdrop quiet lets you unleash the color!  

For this look I'm partial to bright white walls like Benjamin Moore's "Decorator's White," "White Dove," or "Super White." 

via
via
via
See above and below how a touch of BLACK grounds each space and balances perfectly with the bright colors and the bright white?  I'm a huge believer in the philosophy that every room needs a touch of black ... it's like the little black dress ... you can never go wrong.

via
via
Ay yi yi, the room below I've posted about before ... it's in the London flat of Christine D'Ornano and it's one of my favorite rooms ever! 

via
via
via
House Beautiful via
via 
via
via
Amanda Nisbet via
via
Veranda Magazine via
via
Whew that was an eyeful!  Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

SIGNATURE

2 comments:

Erin @ Suburban Bitches said...

http://www.suburbanbitches.com/friday-five-favorites-alt-summit-2014/

Rosa said...

Erin and Tricia, thanks so much for including me in your "Fave Blogs"!!!! You girls rock!!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...