LEOPARD PRINT CARPET...RAWRR!

I made some major headway this past week installing a luxe client bedroom that I first told you about here. 

It's a room for a 15-year-old girl and when my clients described what they wanted they used words like "Versailles," "luxurious," "fit for a queen," "elegant." 

This room was one of our jumping off points.  Knowing that my clients were drawn to the luxe feel of chandeliers, monogrammed bed linens, canopy beds and fancy draperies, I brought them this image hoping they'd be into the leopard carpet effect too.  I was thrilled when they agreed to go for it!  It infuses the room with such a fun, sassy, youthful vibe and keep the fanciness from becoming too serious.

via
These inspiration shots also helped seal the deal ...

via
via 
via
via
via
via
via
via
via
via
via
via
via
Leopard spots definitely add a fun and whimsical element to a children's space ...


via
via
And I think it would be absolutely foolproof on stairs ... imagine how it would hide dirt and stains!

via
via
If you're not quite ready to commit, why not tuck a bit of leopard into your closet?  
Of course it helps to have a cavernous and glamorous walk-in, but a girl can dream right!?

via
via
via
SO, the upshot of all this is that the leopard carpet was just installed in my client's bedroom and we all LOVE it!  Here's a sneak peek...


I've got LOTS more room pictures to post this week of the ultra fancy draped canopy bed we just installed as well!

Based on lots of good reviews I used Lester Carpet in LA to install this carpet made by Stanton, and my experience with them was fantastic ... they're definitely my new go-to carpet place in LA.  Family owned and really well run, they made the whole process a breeze.

If you're in need of a rug rather than wall-to-wall, Overstock.com has an array of leopard rug options, including this popular choice made by Safavieh in various sizes (also pictured above in the teal blue sitting room and the aqua nursery photos):

via
FLOR also makes leopard print carpet tiles now:

via
I like the look of this Martha Stewart rug too, and it's available in a few different colorways:

RugsUsa.com has an entire category titled Animal Print rugs with tons to choose from at all different price points.  They always ship for free and often have big sales.  I like this more neutral rug made by Capel:


I arrived in snowy NYC yesterday for a week of work and play, and you can be sure I'm sporting my own little touch of leopard in the form of my favorite scarf :)


SIGNATURE

2 comments:

theentrenousblog.com said...

I absolutely cannot get enough of leopard these days! What a wonderful compilation of carpet options. I'm actually quite taken with Martha Stewart's interpretation, I don't think I'm quite ready for wall to wall.

Vanessa
www.theentrenousblog.com

Rosa said...

Hi Vanessa, thanks for weighing in here! The Martha Stewart rugs are great, aren't they? Make sure to send a pic if you wind up getting one!

xoxo

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...