YEAR OF CHANGE DESIGNER CHALLENGE: STENCIL WALL REVEAL

This series is for those of you who may still feel a bit timid about tackling DIY design projects on your own.  

I've teamed up with a great group of designers/bloggers for the "Year of Change Designer Challenge,"  where once a month we all pull off some DIY project, one that we think will inspire you and feel totally "doable," and then reveal our projects at month's end.  Our objective is for us all to feel inspired and encouraged to try out bite-sized DIY projects that are very satisfying yet don't put you on total overwhelm :)

March's DIY design challenge was working with stencils, and the good people at Cutting Edge Stencils were cool enough to let us each experiment with various patterns.  I jumped on the trendy trendy "tribal" bandwagon with a pattern they call Kuba Chevron.  I was happy I chose a stencil that didn't require total perfection ... the edges of the pattern are meant to be a little jagged and uneven, which made for a very forgiving stenciling process.

I couldn't actually stencil my own home because it's in escrow and selling right at this moment, so I needed another place to get my DIY on.  Luckily one of my best friends from college just purchased a house in the hills of LA, and I've been helping out as they do a little renovating (remember the dark wood ceilings that we transformed with some bright white paint.)  After all the unglamorous remodeling mess and dust, my friend was more than happy to let me come over and spruce up her entryway!



It's quite a small entry vestibule and difficult to get a good full height shot, sorry ...


That beautiful little console table that fits the space perfectly (like, down to the 1/4")?  Yeah we found that at a thrift shop on Sunday ... the vintage gods were smiling on us.  We went out on a mission, found this at our first and only stop, paid $150, and it has a real carrara marble top!  It could NOT be more ideal for this entry.  I love the way the grey marbling ties in with the warm grey paint we selected.


 I played around a little with styling a couple different vignettes ...



These two are truly the sweetest couple and I love this shot from their wedding day :)




 Make sure to check out all the other participating designers' design challenge projects too!


Suburban Bitches Tricia and Erin
Amy Sage Demick at Commona My House


SIGNATURE

8 comments:

Tricia said...

Rosa -
I love how your stencil project turned out! I love the trendy pattern paired with the vintage table and the sunburst mirror. It looks amazing!
Thanks for joining in the Year of Change - I can't wait to see next month's creation!

Tricia // Suburban Bitches

Sarah S said...

You did such an amazing job with this! And I wish I could have even 1/10th of your amazing styling skills!

Abby M. Interiors said...

That console is amazing. What a find! I think this looks fab. I like when people make a statement in their home as soon as you walk in the door. Bravo!

Cathy Wall said...

Perfection! Both the stencil and table were meant to be for that inspiring space.

Rosa said...

Thanks everyone for all the compliments! And mostly just for following along :) It's a fun project to be a part of!

amy demik said...

Rosa, this is so good!!! Love the fresh feel of this funky chevron and how you combined the more formal console with the beachy/wood mirror. Such a cool statement! Can't wait for next month ;) XO!

Amber said...

I adore this! So beautiful and warm!

Jessica Munroe said...

Hi do you have a source for the mirror? thx!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...