DECORATING FOR SPRINGTIME AND EASTER

For as long as I can remember, the springtime has been a favorite time of year for me.  For one, it's my birthday season (which I now share with my son), and when spring rolls around everything just seems fresh and new and full of possibility.  It marks the melting away of winter (majorly exciting if you grew up in a frozen snowy ski town as I did ... somewhat less earth shattering if you live in sunny temperate LA as I do now :)  

And Easter ... what kid can resist the pure magic of coloring eggs, waking up to a basket of sweets and treats, and a treasure hunt in the backyard?  I'm so excited to do all of that this year with my 2-year-old boy who adores an art project of any kind and will be so into the egg hunt.

My mom always made a big deal of the first shoots of green pushing up through the ground, the early blooming crocus and forsythia and flowering trees.  Not surprisingly, it's all those nature-based elements of the season that I love the most in springtime and easter decor.  You can pretty much cut a sprig or branch from almost any budding tree in your neighborhood and it's like "instant springtime" in your home. 

(all images via my pinterest board)






I love the addition of hollow-blown eggs, whether left natural or dipped and decorated ...


We have a collection of handpainted hollow eggs that I've made over the 
years for our "Easter tree," although this year I may have to skip pulling 
them out just to save them from the curious enthusiasm of a 2-year-old :)





These "sprouting" eggshells and twigg-y bird nests are perfect for the season ...








I'm a sucker for a good monochromatic color palette.  Layering 
varying shades of one color like this is just so visually pleasing ...







A blue and white scheme never goes wrong ...




 How pretty are these little lacy eggs?!


 Love the ferns ...


 And a little bit of whimsy ...



 Happy Springtime to you and yours! 

xoxo,
SIGNATURE

2 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Forced tree branches....It has been awhile, but you brought it right back for me! Happy spring. Happy Easter!

Rosa said...

Happy Spring and Easter to you too Linda!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...