YEAR OF CHANGE DESIGNER CHALLENGE: DIY FURNITURE ROUND-UP

It's our 2nd month of the "Year of Change" designer challenge, and this time we were all tasked with tackling a DIY furniture project in our homes.  (Check out last month's stenciled wall challenge here.)

But you guys: I happen to have JUST sold and moved out of my house, and it's a really odd transition time of moving into an apartment (where I'm still surrounded by boxes) for the short term while we begin work on the remodel of my new home.  That means there are about a billion+1 DIY's on my horizon, but frankly none going on right at this moment.  

So I racked my brain and came up with the idea of bringing you a round-up of ALL my past furniture DIYs because there have been SO many, and I think you'll really enjoy some of these!  

Make sure to also check out the fab projects that the other design challenge participants pulled off!  

*Sarah from Life on Virginia Street hit it out of the park with her laundry-room re-do.
*A gorgeous credenza makeover by Suburban Bitches.
*A very glamorous dresser got dressed up by Amanda at Recycled Consign & Design.
*And Amy at Commona My House has something up her sleeve as well...

And as for me, here's my "best-of" round-up!!

There were the vintage flea market nightstands I re-did for my bedroom ...





This dipped leg DIY for my entry way table ...



There was this DIY inlaid bone side table ...




And a "hide the speakers" DIY ...


There was this X bench makeover ...




And this DIY nightstand makeover from the same house tour ...




This cane bench DIY ...




And a flea market chair re-do ...



And all the DIYs I did for my son's nursery before he was born.  Here I am big and pregnant painting his thrift store dresser (using zero-VOC paint of course :) ...

 

 
And here's the cube ottoman pouf I made from an Ikea rug and a milk crate ... 




 And the vintage chair I turned into a swivel rocking chair (ok this one I had professionally re-upholstered, but I added the rocker/swivel mechanism to the base myself, which I think is such an easy DIY for anyone shopping expensive nursery gliders) ...



And the cubby box storage I DIY'd for the Ikea Expedit bookcase you see there in the background ...



Such fun to be a part of the "Year of Change" designer challenge!  Now go check out what all the other designers did this month because I am in some good company here :)
SIGNATURE

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Your post was genius - every single one of those DIYs are amazing! I think that's the coolest idea for the milk crate. We might soon have one less milk crate in the garage...
Can't wait to see all the fab things you do in your new place!
Tricia // Suburban Bitches

Emmie {Blue 11 Interiors} said...

Wow, each of these DIY's is impressive on its own but when you combine them all into one post it's just amazing! So talented and creative

Rosa said...

Thanks Tricia ... I'm having fun pulling together my new place, and it's actually fun to be a "renter" again and decorating on the cheap since it won't be a long-term home. Definitely forces extra creativity!

Rosa said...

Emmie thanks so much for reading and for your kind comments :) Truly appreciated.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...