AND ON A PERSONAL NOTE ...

It's install week around here, which means that my blogging time has been severely curtailed for the past week, and I'm sorry about that!  The good news is that within about another week's time I will have a pretty amazing "before & after" transformation to share with you.  I'm currently installing everything on the Larchmont Village bungalow I've been working on for months, and it's going to be good!

Lots of rich LIFE is also unfolding right there alongside the work madness, as tends to happen :)  Sometimes it's so difficult to know how to keep it all in balance, with small children wanting (and deserving) our full attention daily, family traveling long distances to spend time with us (during install week, yes, but that's just how life happens sometimes :), and days like Mother's Day also totally deserving of a full stop moment.  

I really try my hardest to keep it all in perspective ... I've realized by this point in my life that while it may ebb and flow, the pressures of work deadlines and professional goals will ALWAYS be there ... there is no such thing as "getting all caught up."  At least that's how it is for me.  So I try hard to let LIFE unfold alongside all the rest of it, and not put my family or personal wellness aside while I "get all caught up," because that's a myth.  

So this is some of what we've been up to.  Living and loving, visiting with friends and their first newborn son, camping with kids under starry desert skies, hanging with east coast family who are rarely on this side of the country, watching my two-year-old scramble over big boulders with a triumphant "I did it!!", taking time to walk on the beach and build sand castles, visiting with a beloved brother who just married his sweetheart and who we don't see nearly enough of.  ALL WORTH IT, to say the least!!!
Mother's Day in Malibu ...


Family Camping Trip in Joshua Tree ...













I just wanted to check in with you and let you know that I'm still here ... and that you're a big part of why I do this.  Please stick around while I wrap up my latest project and bring you the big transformation!  It was one of those projects filled with vintage pieces that I re-furbished, and I know you're going to love the inspiration.
Now, back to work! :)
SIGNATURE

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...