JUNE'S YEAR OF CHANGE CHALLENGE: HANGING PENDANTS BY LAMPS PLUS!

School's out and summer is officially in full swing! And it's time to tell you about what's coming up for the June Year of Change Designer Challenge.  

This month we've teamed up with the lovely Ivette Serrano, PR manager at Lamp's Plus.  I met Ivette at the same time I met all of my cohorts on this project ... at the Alt Summit design conference this year in Salt Lake.  Ivette quickly proved to be just the warmest, friendliest sort of gal, and very enthusiastic about collaborations, which is awesome.  She generously worked with me to provide nearly all the lighting for my Larchmont Village Bungalow project (that reveal coming soon ... I promise!  I'm just waiting to find out if it will be published in an online shelter mag first, as one must do with these things ... but I'll try not to make you wait too long!)

Lighting is one of my very favorite elements that goes into a space ... it's just so critical to the final outcome!  Lamps Plus would like us to play with creative uses for some of their hanging pendant lights, and I'm up for the challenge.  Here's some inspiration ...

via

via
via

via
via
via
via
via
via
These are some of the looks I've been toying around with for this project ... all of which would take us in very different directions but be just as great in the right setting!  I may have to create a few different vignettes for this challenge ...

woven seagrass drum shade
emerald green drum shade
guatemalan print drum shade
chartreuse pleat drum shade
Our guest contributor (sitting in this month for Amy who's traveling) will be Abby from Abby M. Interiors (also a friend from Alt Summit, of course ... such fertile ground for networking!)  She does some truly lovely work and I can't wait to see what she does for this! 




SIGNATURE

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...