INSPIRED BY CEMENT ENCAUSTIC TILE

Hello all!  We've been away on a little family vacation to my home state of New Mexico where we had a ball visiting family and friends and making the rounds to all my favorite places.  I can't wait to show you the photos ...  they don't call it the Land of Enchantment for nothin'!

Now it's back to work, and in addition to launching a client's kitchen remodel this week (which you'll soon be seeing plenty of), I'm also just beginning to turn my attention toward working out the design details of my own upcoming house renovation!  It's not all that often that I get to design for myself, so this is ultra exciting for me!  We're in the middle of drafting floor plans with our architect now, and in the Fall we will begin construction.

So this is what's consuming me right now: handmade cement encaustic tiles!  I'm obsessed with them.  Our house is a 1923 Spanish, and I love the idea of using some of these lovely, graphic, geometric floor tiles in our mudroom entry and in both bathrooms.  In the master bath I'm planning to use a clawfoot tub as well ... I love this combo!

http://theaestate.tumblr.com/post/91162789271
via
via
via
via
via
via

via
via
via
While cement tile comes in some fantastic colorful patterns that can make a serious statement, I find that for the tile in my home I'm most attracted to a neutral palette of blacks, ivories, greys, with possibly some accents in other muted colors ... I just want it to be a strong yet quiet canvas or backdrop for everything else I know I will be bring into the space in terms of art, fabrics, furniture, etc.  I also prefer the larger scale patterns to the smaller, more busy looking tile designs.

 (all images below via http://www.cementtileshop.com/)
















I'm off to order some samples.  Hope your week is off to a great start!

8 comments:

Capree said...

Thanks for featuring my bathroom - so glad you like it! (first photo) I'm a big fan of Cement Tile Shop! If you'd like to see more photos from my bathroom makeover, it's featured on Curbly (an image credit to this link would be great!): http://www.curbly.com/users/capreek/posts/16139-29th-avenue-a-dark-and-dramatic-bathroom-makeover-the-big-reveal

Ashley Smith said...

Thanks for sharing your blog. Want to have excellent design tiles for your home? http://designtiles.com.au/ Design Tiles Rockdale offers a wide range of tile products, from indoor to outdoor tiles and many more. Visit our website now for more information!

john son said...

Interesting blog. This is one of my favorite blog also I want you to update more post like this. Thanks for sharing this article.
Cement Suppliers in Chennai

kayla said...

I love the tiles. I am also interested in the concrete/wood vanity. Any idea of its source?

James Jones said...

Peel & Stick Vinyl Floor TIles?
Cement Tile Morocco

Regalo Tiles said...

Oh it looks great! I love the color.
Cement Tiles
Ceramic Tile
Kitchen Floor Tile
Terrazzo Tile

Hill said...

Hi!

I hope you are still accepting comments. I think that these designs are great but you never get the full impact of the tile unless you physically touch it and see it live.

Tiles truly can dynamically change a room and working with a local supplier is your best option.



pave floor tiles

Regalo Tiles said...

Thanks for sharing a nice information.

Terazo | teraso cor di tempat | Terrasso Polishing

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...