OCTOBER'S "YEAR OF CHANGE" CHALLENGE: FABRICS FROM TONIC LIVING!

Our October sponsor Tonic Living made for such a fun "Year of Change" challenge this month!  I'm (obviously) a complete fabric junkie, so getting to choose my favorites from their fantastic selection was right up my alley.  And since I needed some drop dead gorgeous pillows to use in my upcoming One Room Challenge (a Parisian Chic Living Room), I was all over this project! 

I chose their Malakos fabric in "Malachite," and a beautiful floral called Paint Palette in "Punch."  (I also fell in love with their Block Print Medallion in "Sorbet," which will be making an appearance in a 10-year-old girl's room soon ... that project isn't finished yet so watch out!)


Right now I'm really into layering with a single long pillow, be it on a bed or sofa, so I had the floral fabric made up into a 31"x14" pillow.  I decided to try something just a little different with the Malachite fabric ... I had two pillows covers made to fit standard sized down bed pillows.  I liked the fact that we all have that size pillow insert on hand already, and I  thought it might be interesting to branch out from the usual 20"x20" or 18"x18" squares we generally use.

Since my One Room Challenge project won't go live for another couple of weeks, I had fun doing a little garden photo shoot for this project.  I happen to have prototypes for my new upholstery line piled high in Marc's photo studio behind our house because we're shooting them for the new website, so I thought that a pretty English Roll arm sofa would be a nice backdrop for these pillows!  Very "Alice in Wonderland," said the maestro when I was shooting this :)



I love how the whole character of the floral pillow changes by flipping it from one side to the other.  Part of the pattern has beautiful violet blue and pale pink flowers with fuchsia, while other parts have vibrant gold flowers ...



(You'll be seeing these pillows in an entirely different setting ... an opulent, old-world living room ... in just a couple of weeks, so stay tuned for round two :)

Here's a little extra bonus inspiration just to get your wheels turning.  More of those big, painterly watercolor prints that's I'm so into right now!

Paint Palette "Punch" from Tonic Living
Rubelli floral fabric
Rosa Beltran Design: Kaffe Fasset Bekah "Blue"
Paint Palette "Punch" from Tonic Living
Paint Palette "Punch" from Tonic Living
There's certainly no shortage of inspiration out there for adding some malachite to your life.  On an accent wall, perhaps?  (You can totally use fabric as a wallcovering .... check out this tutorial.)

via
via
Decoupage a lamp, mirror, or tabletop?

via
via
via
Or line a cabinet or closet with it? (I love this idea ... seems so appropriate 
to create a "jewel box" effect with a precious stone like malachite.)

via
via
And of course there's upholstery, pillows, and lampshades!





Big huge thanks to Tonic Living for providing us with these gorgeous fabrics!  Get on over there and see the beautiful selection for yourselves.

And of course be sure to check out the goodness this month from the rest of our "Year of Change" designers.  Can't wait to see what fabrics they chose and what they've done with them!

*Tricia and Erin the Suburban Bitcheswith a lovely kitchen nook re-do and a DIY upholstered bed.

*Amy at Commona My House with a gorgeous malachite chair.

*Sarah at Life On Virginia Street and her richly hued Thanksgiving table.


*And our awesome guest designer this month, Krystine Edwards with her gorgeous toile curtains!

September: DIY Wall Art


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Just admiring your lovely collection of fabrics and I scrolled down to see my lamp shade included! Thanks so much for including it in your malachite collection!

Elit Medya said...

Medusa Home Mobilya Modelleri ve Markaları Süper kampanyalar ve Koltuk takımları ile https://www.medusahome.com.tr/ sitesinde

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...