ONE ROOM CHALLENGE {PARISIAN CHIC LIVING ROOM} WEEK 5

This whole One Room Challenge endeavor got very real this week.  Tuesday I spent the entire day  working on it with my fantastic new assistant Melanie (who came on board about a month ago and has quickly proven herself to be completely indispensable), and we got our Grisaille mural up and our arrangement of wall art sorted out, among other things!


Love.  Love.  Love.  

It was surprisingly easy to hang too!  We used this pre-pasted wallpaper mural from Anthropologie, which is made up of 8 roughly 20" wide strips.  You roll up a strip, dip it in water to activate the paste, and then unfurl it and position it on your wall.  You have some time to push it around and re-position it while you get it just right.  The whole process was actually pretty smooth sailing.


So that happened.  I still don't know what to do with the wall opposite the mural.  At $300 a pop we didn't have the budget to buy two murals, although that probably would have been ideal.  So I'll just have to figure something else out for the other wall and hope it doesn't look ridiculous that the two are totally different. 
I found a few more pretty tchotchkes in all my junk shop roaming ...



And I settled on this dramatic "Neo Toile" fabric for my folding screen project.  Oddly enough it was my last choice when I viewed it online, but surprised me by being my first choice when I saw it in the space!
 
(Which is why I love Fabric.com's return policy on cut yardage...30 days no questions asked!  I got to drape large pieces of 4 different fabrics around my room to figure this out, and at no cost ... I don't even have to pay the return shipping.  I think it might be the best fabric return policy out there.  I know I'm gushing, but I'm not connected to them in any way, promise.)

 
And since this entire project could be dubbed "the house that DIY built," I decided to try my hand at creating something like this ...

1st Dibs
Out of this.  A gross 80s mauve floor lamp.  So we'll see how that goes ...



And that's pretty much it!  The only other tidbit I can divulge before the big reveal next week is that you can rest assured I followed one of my own personal design rules in this project, because ...

Come back next Thursday to see the finished space! 
I'm pretty sure we won't disappoint :)


http://rosabeltrandesign.blogspot.com/2014/10/one-room-challenge-week-1-parisian-chic.html

http://rosabeltrandesign.blogspot.com/2014/10/one-room-challenge-parisian-chic-living.html
http://rosabeltrandesign.blogspot.com/2014/10/one-room-challenge-parisian-chic-living_16.html
http://rosabeltrandesign.blogspot.com/2014/10/one-room-challenge-parisian-chic-living_23.html

5 comments:

mrs. V | Chez V said...

Um, that grisaille mural. Dying. Love it.

LIV Vintage said...

Ooohhh, you make me want to have a grisaille mural BAD !!! Can't wait for the reveal!

SHERRY HART said...

Holy smokes....that WALL! Yes ma'am it is perfect. Must check out fabric.com for some goodness:)

Brenda said...

Looking forward to seeing what you've put together.

Christine Dovey said...

That mural is amazing and I LOVE your vintage lamp- can't wait to see it done!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...