Awhile ago I worked up an e-design mood board for a client in the Bay Area, on which I sourced a colorful 100% wool shaggy Moroccan-style rug from Cost Plus World Market. I thought it looked great with the navy blue sofa in their mocked-up living room ...
Alas, come to find out (just now) that this rug is no longer for sale online, but I happen to know that stores still have stock because I just saw it there 2 days ago, so if it's up your alley then get thee to a World Market stat!
The other shaggy wool rug from World Market that I'm liking right now is this flokati number with a kilim border.
Again, $600 for a 6x9 so not too bad, and these things tend to go on sale frequently at World Market. Remember that you can always layer a smaller rug over a large jute rug if you're looking for size!
Design bloggers have written volumes about the classic black & white Beni Ourain rugs and where to find knock-offs, so I won't re-invent the wheel here.
1. Kasbah Wool Rug, $899 for an 8x10 (other sizes available), from West Elm
2. Riad Wool Rug, $899 for an 8x10 (other sizes available), from West Elm
3. Threshold Criss Cross Fleece Rug, $249.99 for a 7x10 (other sizes available), from Target
4. Moroccan Shag Rug, $599.99 for a 8x10 (other sizes available), from World Market
5. Rashida Textured Rug, $540 for a 6x9, from Domino
6. Kita Textured Rug, $772 for a 6x9, from Domino
7. Moroccan Beige Rug, $352 for a 5x8 (other sizes available), from Rugs USA
8. Casablanca Ivory Rug, $764 for a 4'7" by 6'7", from Rugs USA