A COUPLE AFFORDABLE MOROCCAN SHAG RUGS

Just a quick shopping tip for you today.  I blogged last week about a great tribal-style wool rug I used in my Little Tokyo loft project, and I told you I had a couple Moroccan rug sources up my sleeve as well, so here ya go!

Awhile ago I worked up an e-design mood board for a client in the Bay Area, on which I sourced a colorful 100% wool shaggy Moroccan-style rug from Cost Plus World Market.  I thought it looked great with the navy blue sofa in their mocked-up living room ...



When I went to see it in person to check out the quality I was really happy with it!  I love the orange and magenta color combo and the pattern is great.  It's $600 for a 6x9 which isn't nothing, but it's actually pretty affordable in the world of Moroccan-style rugs.


Alas, come to find out (just now) that this rug is no longer for sale online, but I happen to know that stores still have stock because I just saw it there 2 days ago, so if it's up your alley then get thee to a World Market stat!

The other shaggy wool rug from World Market that I'm liking right now is this flokati number with a kilim border.




Again, $600 for a 6x9 so not too bad, and these things tend to go on sale frequently at World Market.  Remember that you can always layer a smaller rug over a large jute rug if you're looking for size!

Design bloggers have written volumes about the classic black & white Beni Ourain rugs and where to find knock-offs, so I won't re-invent the wheel here. 

via
But I will lift a list straight from Apartment Therapy of some good options, all under $1000:

1. Kasbah Wool Rug, $899 for an 8x10 (other sizes available), from West Elm
2. Riad Wool Rug, $899 for an 8x10 (other sizes available), from West Elm
3. Threshold Criss Cross Fleece Rug, $249.99 for a 7x10 (other sizes available), from Target
4. Moroccan Shag Rug, $599.99 for a 8x10 (other sizes available), from World Market
5. Rashida Textured Rug, $540 for a 6x9, from Domino
6. Kita Textured Rug, $772 for a 6x9, from Domino
7. Moroccan Beige Rug, $352 for a 5x8 (other sizes available), from Rugs USA
8. Casablanca Ivory Rug, $764 for a 4'7" by 6'7", from Rugs USA

xo,


5 comments:

Miranda said...

oh yes! i love this and Moroccan rugs. world market always has sales and coupons so i'll keep my eye out. i just found out what a kilim rug is the other day. the patterns are so great!

Eastman Ceramic said...

Nice Blog , This is what I exactly Looking for , Keep sharing more blog .
Sanitary Ware Manufacturer in India

Rosa said...

Hi Miranda! Yes these are fun aren't they? They bring a bit more color to a space then classic neutral Moroccan rugs do.

Leah said...

I'm so happy to have come across your blog! The mood board here is EXACTLY what I have been dreaming up for my family room. What color did you use for the walls? Can you share where the navy sofa is from? Looking forward to following your posts!

Rosa said...

Hi Leah,

The sofa is one of our own from www.cladhome.com. It's extremely affordable and can be customized any way you need.

Sorry I don't remember the wall color, but my go to white is Benjamine Moore White Dove.

Also check out this post about more rug options:

http://rosabeltrandesign.blogspot.com/2015/11/my-top-picks-for-beautiful-yet.html?m=1

Good luck!
Rosa

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...