BEAUTIFUL BURLWOOD AND LES TOUCHES LEOPARD (PLUS A ROUND-UP OF LES TOUCHES LOOKALIKES)

Lately I've been giving you little sneak peeks of a beautiful chinoiserie living room I'm working on.  The project began with a kitchen remodel last summer, which my sweet client (who has now become a friend) described as having "changed her entire life." :)  Hooray!  How much do we love hearing that!?

So eventually the project expanded to include to the breakfast nook, and the living room, and now it's time to make some design decisions for the dining room.  We recently purchased a stunning Milo Baughman burlwood china cabinet to sit alongside a vintage Heywood Wakefield dining set. 




The china cabinet is actually a 2-piece unit that could one day be used as a credenza like in this beautiful vignette ...
(all photos via our project pinterest board)


My client is British though, so she wants to use the full hutch to display her china of course!

The burled wood is just gorgeous.  A word of advice ... if you ever come upon some vintage burlwood furniture for a deal, buy it!  It's so special, and always a showstopper that works with almost any style of decor.  Just look!



I especially love the warm, glowing, honey wood tones paired with a restrained black and white color palette ...




See what I mean?  That leopard spot + burlwood combo is hot!

Which brings me to the classic and much-adored Brunschwig and Fils "Les Touches" fabric.  I'm thinking it might be just the thing to put on our dining room chairs.  We already have a lot of color and pattern going on in the living room and breakfast nook which adjoin the dining room on either side, so the fabric we use on the dining chairs needs to be a "bridge" fabric.  Something a bit neutral, without being boring.


Remember my last post about mixing and matching prints and patterns where I talked about leopard spots acting as a neutral when paired with other prints?  I think "Les Touches" may be my answer.  How pretty are all these leopard spot fabrics in these rooms!? 

(all photos via our project pinterest board)

In fact does anyone know what fabric this is in this dining room?  I'd love to know!






Yearning for that iconic "Les Touches" look?  It doesn't come cheap, so just for fun I rounded up a bunch of lookalikes at all different price points.

 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 
5 // 6 // 7 // 8

My fabric swatches are on the way!


1 comment:

VMR said...

I believe the fabric you asked about (on the dining room chairs above) is the Clarence House Ocelot velvet. Sadly, I think it has now been discontinued; in 2012 my designer and I jumped through multiple hoops to procure what then appeared to be the remaining 3 yards in the US (seen here mid-upholstery job for my ottoman):

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/185210603397810657/

and here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/301670875012450231/

Perhaps you can find some remainder/dead stock yardage on ebay, etc.? Good Luck!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...