LOFT PROJECT SNEAK PEEK AND AN AFFORDABLE TRIBAL STYLE RUG!

Hi everybody!  It's the Monday after New Years and I'm guessing we're all easing back into our usual work-a-day lives.  We're in a strange quasi-vacation mode around here with the kids still on holiday break, and work beckoning. 

Just before Christmas I installed most of the major furniture and decor in my client's Little Tokyo Loft downtown.  I'm SO happy with the way this project is shaping up!  Here's a sneak peek of what's gone down so far.

Our carpenter installed the very large custom plumbing pipe shelving unit we designed for a big empty wall.  It's a DIY that's been done many a time, but it works so well in this semi-industrial loft space that we had to do it!


A couple of custom walnut wood mid-century style cabinets I designed (one bar cabinet and one media console) were delivered and look even better than we dreamed ...




The shelving unit got styled to the nines ...

 

And we installed this giant 9x12 tribal style wool area rug that I am SO pleased with!!  For one, it cost only $520, which is extremely affordable in the world of rug shopping.  I love the subtle black accents, and the way the sandy-beige color contrasts against the dark espresso-toned wood floors and warms up the entire space.  You can't tell much from these night time photos, but believe me, this rug is a winner.


It's currently showing as "out of stock" on Overstock, but you can sign up by email to be alerted when it becomes available again.  One thing I love about purchasing rugs on Overstock is that I've never had any trouble returning the ones that didn't work for me, free of charge.  I've always called in and explained that the colors or the quality weren't as described.  Since the initial shipping is free and the return shipping is free, it's really a low risk way to try out rugs in your home, because sometimes that's the only way to know if they'll work!

Here are a few similar tribal-style rugs by the same maker, Safavieh, that are currently available.  The first one is my favorite.

(Click on rug image for the sale link)

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Safavieh-Hand-made-Anatolia-Ivory-Hand-spun-Wool-Rug-9-x-12/7719874/product.html

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Safavieh-Hand-made-Anatolia-Straw-Beige-Ivory-Hand-spun-Wool-Rug-8-x-10/7719876/product.html

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Safavieh-Handmade-Oushak-Ivory-Wool-Rug-9-x-12/3102823/product.html

I have a few more great affordable Morrocan-style rug finds to bring you next time. 

 Happy New Year!



3 comments:

swimCH22 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
swimCH22 said...

How were you able to see that super-yellow picture of the rug and know what it was going to look like?

Rosa said...

To be fair I saw this rug posted on another design blog… Can't remember which… And they said the color was less yellow than on the website.

But regardless, I never trust my monitor with rug colors. They are so often way way off. That's why I love ordering multiple rugs from overstock and getting free return shipping on whatever doesn't work.

I just tried out for different rugs for my Chinoiserie living room project, and only one was even close to the website depiction.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...