LOOKING BACK AT 2014

It seems only appropriate at the start of this new year to pause a moment for a little round-up of the most noteworthy happenings at Rosa Beltran Design in 2014, because it was a big year for us!


* I kicked the year off at the Alt Summit conference where I gleaned lots of useful information about launching my own line of upholstered furniture to be sold online nationwide.  I arrived at Alt with the seeds of that idea rattling around in my head, and now one year and plenty of hard work later, I've designed, fabricated, and created pristine studio images of dozens of my own furniture designs for my new commerce website set to launch within a month or two.  It's been a really exciting endeavor and we're almost there!


* We created a monthly "Year of Change" design challenge with an awesome group of fellow design bloggers I met at Alt.  Each month these gals and I tackled everything from painting to patios.  Check out a list of most of my monthly challenges here.


* My LA "fixer" house in Silverlake that I'd overhauled from top to bottom was featured on Domaine Home just before I sold it and moved.


* Marc and I launched into designing a complete renovation and remodel of our 1923 Spanish home in the Hollywood Hills.  We'll break ground this early Spring, so get ready for some awesome design voyeurism as our remodel progresses this year!


* My Larchmont Village Bungalow client project was published in Rue Magazine.

* And the living room of that project made me the winning designer of the Lamps Plus Design Dual.  Always fun to win a contest!


* I hired an assistant, my first real employee since I went solo with my design career a few years back, which is a very big step for a small business owner!  Melanie is studying design through the UCLA extension program and has made herself absolutely indispensable in every way.  For one, my new furniture line would not have gotten off the ground (or at least as close as we are to lift-off) without her.  Thank you M!


* I created this "Parisian Chic" apartment from scratch for the One Room Challenge. On a shoestring, thrift store budget nonetheless, with TONS of DIYs that I broke down for you here and here.


* I very recently joined the roster of designers at Homepolish, a multi-city rising star design firm that's been kicking some serious butt and creating gorgeous spaces like the home office below.  So keep an eye out for our collaborations in the year to come!


* And last but not least, just yesterday reigning design queen Emily Henderson named my blog one of her favorite new finds of the past year, which happily led to lots of new people checking out my site and my Instagram feed.  If this describes you, then welcome!  I promise to keep on delivering the goods in 2015.

Peace!

16 comments:

Christine@NicheStyleBlog.com said...

Love your blog! Just found you thanks to Emily Henderson! Your style is incredible and inspiring! I will now be a follower.

Erin @ Suburban Bitches said...

2014 was a great year for you! Looking forward to seeing everything 2015 brings about for you!

jennyg said...

Just found your beautiful blog thanks to Emily Henderson! Just in time as I'm finishing a gut rehab after my home was destroyed in a fire last May. Thanks for the inspiration your rooms are sparking!

Lisa H. @ The Everyday Celiac said...

I, too, found you via Emily, and I look forward to following you in 2015!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Hi Rosa, congratulations on such a great year!

carlyj2 said...

Hi Rosa,

Found you via Emily - and have lost hours in your blog and instagram feed... love your work, and looking forward to being inspired this year.
Feel quite bleak to have missed out on all those insanely fab things you've already done in 2014!!

carly.

nadine said...

Just spent better part of the last few days reading your whole blog. (Thank you 5 degree temp and being retired in New York's hudson valley) Sent over here by Emily as well. Great blog and an aesthetic that I can identify with.I really appreciate all the diy and resource info. It makes for a very interesting read. Your son is adorable and it was fun seeing him growing into a curious little guy. Thank you for sharing.

Caroline said...

2 words: Holy Crap! If I had accomplished just half of a half of just one of the things you did on your list in one year I'd want an award! OMG you're my new Fav Blogger, tnx to EH too! Luv, luv, luv your design style and your diy chops. I can't wait to start reading your blog from post #1 (i do that, like a book, I never want to miss a post of a blog I love) Happy 2015!

Rosa said...

Well isn't this one of the nicest comments I've ever received!? Thanks for joining in the fun Caroline!

Rosa said...

Nadine I'm so glad you enjoyed reading through my little blog. It means a lot. This little labor of love takes a lot of time and focus, and to get feedback like yours makes it all worth while!

Rosa said...

Welcome Christine! So glad you're enjoying my work. Keep coming back!

Rosa said...

Erin thank you! May 2015 kiss us ALL with a bit of a design genius :) I'll miss hanging with you at Alt this year! xoxo

Rosa said...

Carly I' m so psyched that Emily led you to me, and can't wait to show you what I've got up my sleeve for the coming year :)

Rosa said...

Wow Jenny – sounds like you went through it in 2014! I hope you're feeling great in your new space and keep following along here!

Rosa said...

Welcome Lisa! So glad you're here!

Rosa said...

Hi Linda, thanks so much! And thank you YOU for inspiring one of my favorite projects I did this year with your genius One Room Challenge brainchild. Count me in for the next round!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...