INSPIRED BY MID-CENTURY FLOOR LAMPS (AND SOME BARGAIN SHOPPING TIPS)

I'm semi-obsessed with vintage mid-century lighting.  It's definitely my favorite era for lighting, and vintage Italian floor lamps in particular really float my boat.  
 
Do you see how the lamps in the spaces below kind of surprise you and how they completely elevate a room?  It's usually the unexpected juxtaposition of such traditional decor paired with such modernist shapes that I love.  
 
via

via

via
 

via




via


via


via


via


via


via
 
The thing is, all these ahhhhmazing lamps by the likes of Arredoluce, Serge Mouille, Arteluce, and Lightolier run easily into the thousands of dollars on 1st Dibs and Ebay ...
 
 
ARTELUCE
LIGHTOLIER $5900 
SERGE MOUILLE $7600
ARREDOLUCE $11,000
$4500 1ST DIBS
 
So here's a little tip, just in case you didn't know it.  Sites like Etsy and Chairish (also Ebay if you're lucky) have authentic mid-century lighting at seriously bargain prices.  Yes there will be those pieces that are marked way up by collectors who know exactly what they have, but you'll also find gems like these, which I compiled in a 10-minute Etsy search ...


1 // 2 // 3 // 4

I'm not really buying for myself right now because we're just getting into our house remodel and there's no point in decorating until it's finished.  But if I were I'd be pretty interested.  They're all around $300-$400, which isn't nothing but it's a lot less than you'd pay on 1st Dibs (not quite as pristine, but the price difference is worth a bit of polishing!)
 
Check out the whole selection here ... there are even some for under $100.
 
Last but not least, you can always make it a DIY project.  Like that time I transformed this 1980s mauve floor lamp into a vintage Italian lookalike for my One Room Challenge project ...
  










So please buy those Etsy lamps before I do.  My resolve is weakening by the moment and I've just about convinced myself that I really do need them, if only as inventory for the new store.
 
Enjoy your Monday!  
 
SIGNATURE

3 comments:

Jo Galbraith said...

I am always so inspired by your blog posts! I too love re-purposing thrift shop and auction finds. It is amazing how well made and stylish "old stuff" can be!

EBazar.Ninja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EBazar.Ninja said...

Thanks for sharing your blog with, I really like the designs of floor lamps, kindly mention the price details.
buy wall sticker online | buy floor lamps online

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...