MAMA + BABY

I can't help sharing these new photos that Marc took of my Benicio and I, who turns 3 early next month.  I've been feeling like these are the last of our "baby" days, somehow.  My little one is suddenly so tall, so lanky, so independent and opinionated!   This time last year he still had thin, wispy baby hair and a dimple on each of his knuckles.  Sometimes I want to make time stand still, but I also know that each age, each stage, just keeps on getting better.  So I'm riding this giant, engulfing wave of love that is motherhood, and doing my best to savor every moment.







Little storyteller ...









Very grateful to have this instant in time captured so beautifully 
(a million thanks to my sweet man and photographer extraordinaire.)

xoxo,




5 comments:

Lisa Whitley said...

BEAUTIFUL photos! I imagine your son will treasure these pictures when he is older.

Sharon de Jager said...

Hey Rosa, I follow your blog and regularly pop over to see what you're doing. So here's the thing, I like photos of children, and I get that you want to show them off, my main concern in this instance is your son's nakedness...the fact that you are fully clothed and he's naked they look a little odd, especially posted on an interior design site, but since he's not a baby, what around 4 years old, having him naked and wrapped around you who is fully clothed, seems a little strange...the one I like is of you and him close up with your hand wrapped around his face with you both looking towards the camera. I'm not offended by them, I just don't think they belong on your design blog. Sharon

Rosa said...

Thanks for your feedback at Sharon, it's interesting to hear where you're coming from, especially since I had no idea that anyone could be remotely weirded out by these pictures of my baby and I.

He's actually only two years old! I mean he's still in diapers most of the time, so I suppose that I absolutely do still see him as a little baby and thought nothing of the shirtless photos nor the one photo showing his little dimpled baby bottom. That's pretty standard fare with baby pictures.

Writing this blog three days a week, week in and week out, it can't help but include some of my personal narrative. I've always heard from readers that they appreciate that part of it, mixed in with all the design and content.

Anyhow, thanks for reading and I hope you keep coming back.

Sharon de Jager said...

Hi Rosa thanks for taking the time to reply. I guess coming from the UK we are extremely cautious about posting pics of our children because you never know who might be browsing the internet and our children are too precious to be exploited, albeit innocently. There are some nasty people out there. I think it's lovely that you post pics of your family, just be aware of what you are posting for safety's sake, oh and I'll definitely be coming back! Take care Sharon

Hena Tayeb said...

stunning.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...