UPDATE ON OUR CLAD HOME RENOVATION

You guys I am buried right now.  Absolutely buried.  I know I've gone down to 2 posts a week instead of my usual 3, and I apologize!  SO I wanted to share a bit of what's going on right now lest you think I'm completely slacking off.  Because I'm not!  I'm just swamped with getting the new office and store off the ground, and haven't been able to come up for air very much these past few weeks.
 
The renovation of our store is on track to be completed this week (which of course should have been last week, but you know how these things go.)  This means that next week we move everything from my design studio into the new space, and then spend the next few weeks getting the store all installed and up to snuff so we can open our doors to the public!

Not sure how many of you will be interested in these nitty gritty progress photos, but since this is the culprit that's keeping me away from you, here it is.  A pretty, styled decor post this is not, nor is it even a proper "before & after" post, which will come later on of course.
 
Here's where we're at with the new Clad Home space:
 
 
But first, do you remember where we started?  Someone before me had done a number on this place and it wasn't good, not good at all. 


My primary intent was basically to strip down the space and return it to it's most basic state: a bright, clean shell with white walls, raw concrete floors, and lots of natural light bouncing around. 


We're embracing the semi-industrial feel of the exposed AC ducting on the ceiling, the imperfect, marred concrete floors, and the electrical conduit that snakes all over the walls.  The "guts" of this building, usually something concealed within the walls, are visible everywhere, giving it a very utilitarian vibe.

We added a full height wall with a door and transom window between the front retail space and the back office.  The glass door and transom share a lot of natural light between the two zones.



I'm really excited to see some of our new the lighting go in tomorrow which will include 3 groovy wall sconces mounted across this wall above where the ladder is, meant to be the desk wall.
 





The bathroom's been completely gutted and the tilings starts tomorrow...


I'm very pleased with the look of this floor tile I found on Overstock.com.  It mimics the look of authentic cement encaustic tile, though these are actually just ceramic with a good matte finish. 


 Remember the bathroom mood board I mocked up?


Between all of that and the rad solid brass vintage toilet paper holder and door hooks I scored on Etsy, this little bath might be one of the things I'm most excited about!  It's just so satisfying to see a good transformation go down ... because you guys, remember the grossness?


The utility sink I designed is coming along, although  unfortunately we've had big complications with the plumbing, and now it looks like there will have to be a bunch of extra exposed plumbing piped cluttering the wall beneath the sink.  Ugh.  In hindsight it may have been better to go with an enclosed sink cabinet that would have concealed it all, but like I said, I'm trying to embrace the industrial vibe and the imperfections here. 


The doors have all been painted black, and today I sourced some surprisingly decent brass doorknobs at Home Depot.  I'll be sure to share which ones I got once they're installed and I can show them to you! 


I know a lot of people are busy changing out all the brass doorknobs in their houses, but I love the look of brass on black, and I was surprised at how nice-looking the inexpensive hardware store knobs I found are. 

via
All in all we've come a long way, and we still have a long way to go!  Please hang in there with me.  I have a lot of client projects in the works right now too, so I promise it will all be worth the wait :)  I'll be coming at you with more reveals than you know what to do with.  And the store, if all goes well, should knock your socks off.

xoxo,

7 comments:

Jennipher said...

It's looking great and I can't wait to see the finished product! I'm sure it's going to be a lovely space.

Vanessa said...

How thrilling! I can't wait to see the finished product.

emily said...

so inspiring! i love the rawness of the space and the textures your are adding. can't wait to see it finished!

Lauren said...

I love the tile floor you chose! Thanks for sharing your journey; I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.

Jade Graham said...

That fantasy was followed by pictures of me in a fields of flowers I had grown myself, snip-snipping, houzz

Brandi Bradley said...

That is so impressive. Remodeling is not an easy task and it is even more difficult when your plate is already overflowing with other tasks you need to get done. I started my own business a few years ago and renovated a house to run it out of. It was the best decision I ever made but it wasn't easy.

Brandi Bradley @ Rotax Metals

Jade Graham said...

so many random cobblestones and this wooden triangle thing NSW Synthetic Surfaces

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...