MY TOP PICKS FOR BEAUTIFUL YET AFFORDABLE NEUTRAL WOOL RUGS

I recently made the move from the Hollywood Hills back to Silverlake, which has always been the apple of my eye in terms of LA neighborhoods.  We are back in our extremely walkable, family friendly, people-oriented 'hood and setting up home in a 1930s Spanish bungalow surrounded by gardens and views of palm-lined hilltops at sunset.  Geographically, happy as can be.  Personally and emotionally, you may have guessed that it involved a break-up and a fair amount of sadness and heartache.  All in the midst of the busiest time in my career and the moment-to-moment joy of mothering of my bright and precious little boy (3-year-olds slow down for no one :)  Life just takes these unexpected turns and sometimes it's all you can do just to keep up, you know?  I've been pretty open about my life on this blog in the past, so I wanted to put this out there to fill you in.  Without getting too deep, this was truly nothing that I saw coming, not by a long shot, but here I am, adjusting to my new normal and taking lots of deep breaths.  All is well, of course, and onward and upward is really the only way to do this.

So yes, I'm nesting again and settling in to a new life, and I found myself in need of a fun living room rug.  You'll be seeing the reveal of my cute Silverlake bungalow in the not-too-distant future :)  I set myself a goal of finding something wooly and tribal in roughly 8x10 or larger for right around $500 ... NOT the easiest task!  Rugs can be prohibitively expensive and since I don't carry them yet at Clad Home (it'll happen at some point) I was pretty much in the same boat on my search as all of you are.

Here's the basic vibe I'm after in my living room ... layered neutrals, lots of textiles, white backdrop, lots of natural light, some plants, warm wood tones, and a beautiful Clad Home sofa I designed just for this space and stuck a sleeper in because we don't have a guest room (this sofa and a bunch of new styles we're coming out with will be up on the website very soon, by the way.)



My living room already has a very large natural wool rug in a neutral beige tone, and I needed something with some pattern to layer on top.  So I searched around and came up with a handful of options, and then used my old trick of ordering multiple rugs on Overstock to try out and return (for free) the ones that didn't work.  Any of these would also work great layered over a sisal or jute rug.

This rug seemed like a good contender.  I needed something that would give me enough contrast against the beige wool backdrop, and bring some much needed pattern into the picture ...


In person I liked the pattern and all the tones in this rug a lot ...




This rug has been on my Pinterest boards forever.  It's a great neutral wool kilim rug that adds pattern in a perfect subtle way, and the variation of colors in the weave of the wool is really beautiful ...



I'd had such good success with this well-priced rug that I used in my Little Tokyo Loft project that I added it to the order as well.  I had the benefit of knowing that it's not really gold in person, it's a much better neutral beige tone, and I love all the little black accents throughout ...




Having always loved Moroccan style Beni Ourain rugs, this shaggy wool rug looked great to me.



And another affordable Beni Ourain option ...



I'm including this rug that was actually cancelled from my order because it went out of stock before it shipped, but these things always come and go and come again, so you might find it in stock at a later date.  I didn't see it in person, but it had good reviews, I liked the pattern, the price was very right, and I'm betting it could be good ...





This neutral tribal motif rug is gorgeous, I think ... 



Basically, there were zero out-and-out rejects in this whole group, which is why I'm psyched to be able to share a selection of really decent, really affordable neutral wool rugs with you.  Not the easiest thing to come by!  They were ALL very attractive and I would definitely have used any of them for the right project.  But since I could only pick one ...

The shaggy diamond pattern wool rug was the clear winner for me.  It's well-made, with so much beautiful texture.  Notice how even the flat-woven background of the rug has a small tight diamond pattern to it?  The two-tone tassels are beautiful as well.  I feel like this rug gives me the whole Moroccan Beni Ourain flavor that I love (which always cost well over $1000 and usually that x4) with the added benefit of being more kid-friendly because it's not a purely white background.






Sorry for the cropped-in teaser shots :)  Many more photos to come as soon as I have my house all finished up and ready to reveal.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

xoxo,






6 comments:

artluvr said...

How you manage to continue to research and share such fabulous decor advice during what must be a difficult time is nothing short of amazing. You are superwoman! Wishing you and your beautiful son all the best going forward.

Rosa said...

Thank you for your gracious words. I appreciate them more than you can know!

S@sha said...

I'm sorry about your break-up, but this post came at the perfect time for me. I'm on the hunt for exactly this type of rug. Thanks for posting and can't wait to see the reveal.

Jonesy said...

Wishing you the absolute best!

Cutzi said...

But what did you do with your grey chevron rug from your old living room? I go back to that room over and over again - I love it so much. I haven't been able to find anything similar to that rug for months.

etsakronjati minimalis said...

Mebel Jepara
Pengrajin Garden Jepara
Mebel Garden Jepara
Mebel Jati Jepara Murah
Pengrajin Meja Payung Set Jati Jepara
Pengrajin Mebel Kursi Bar Jati Jepara
Mebel Minimalis
Mebel Antik Jepara
Mebel Ukir Jepara
Mebel Kursi
Gazebo Jepara
Pengrajin Gazebo Jepara Murah
Dipan Set
Tempat Tidur Set Jepara Mewah Desain Eropa
Jual Sofa Set Furniture Jepara
Furniture Modern Mebel Jepara
Kursi Minimalis Jepara Kayu Jati Perhutani

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...